Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interesting Weather We're having

Snow in the Carolinas - and only in the Carolinas, this morning. I may need to reevaluate my future travel plans. Two years ago - it was that infamous ice storm in PA. You know, the one where every interstate in PA was closed and people were stranded for 14 hours. I wasn't actually stranded on the road, but I did have to make a VERY LONG detour around the closed roads to get to NC. The next year, record cold came to the Carolinas. Until this year anyway. This year, there are new record lows and snow. Do you know what happens down here when it snows? Everything closes. So, I am going to try to make my way home through the cold and snow in the south and the inaugural traffic in VA, back to the Catskill Mountains and home - where it isn't snowing, there isn't traffic and the weather is a balmy 30 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Drive safe...Looking forward to seeing you and helping you take the leap to twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers