Monday, March 2, 2009

Seeds & Spring

One wouldn't know it by looking at the thermometer today (temps in the teens with windchill hovering around zero) but Spring is coming. There are signs everywhere - it smells different outside, it sounds different as the bird songs change, the sun feels different and the days are so noticeably longer. As I shared breakfast this morning with my soon-to-be nine year-old (cheerios and bananas) I flipped through a seed catalog. And wanted it ALL. Please, someone curb me from my impulsive desire to have some of everything in my garden this year! This will be my first attempt at growing vegetables. In my saner moments I counsel myself to "keep it simple; don't overwhelm yourself or make it a project too big to handle." But . . . then I look at the catalog and I have this vision in my head of my garden overflowing with the bounty produced by my diligent green thumb. Ah, fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers