Thursday, March 26, 2009

Call it Fate - Call it Synchronicity

My mother calls it synchronicity - you know, when things happen that just seem like they are supposed to go together yet are totally random. Some people call it coincidence, some call it fate.

I have been reading a book Broken Open. I found it by chance while I was shopping in Sam's Club. I wasn't even really looking at the books, just taking a short cut to the checkout line when the title seemed to jump off the shelf at me. I read the back of the book and thought - I am supposed to read this book.

The chapters start with quotes - often from the author's favorite poets. One she quotes quite often - Rumi. I never heard of this person prior to reading this book but found myself drawn to his poetry. Last week, I was in the book store with my family - getting ready to check out and I dropped a piece of paper. When I bent to pick it up I realized it had landed on one of those bargain books - and it was by Rumi Hidden Music. Call it fate, call it coincidence, call it synchronicity . . . I bought the book. I love the poetry and it is sure to be the subject of future posts.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a favorite poem of yours - if you care to share.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers