Friday, January 30, 2009

Cleaning the Closets

I am a compulsive list maker. I make grocery lists, to do lists, bills to pay lists, books to read lists, long-term goals lists, short term goals lists - I even have a bucket list (if you haven't seen the movie, you simply MUST http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3367043353/). Lists make me feel like there is order in the universe and there is no problem that can't be solved by creating a pros/cons list. Needless to say, when I embarked on a new career (full time householder) I created a list. OK -- I created A LOT of lists, but the point is, today I accomplished one very important thing on that list. I cleaned out the closets. All of them. Linen closets, bedroom closets, hall closets. I still have a basement mud room to clean out and organized, but today I feel like I have triumphed - order over chaos. My closets are in order.

1 comment:

  1. I don't make a lot of lists but I do enjoy a clean closet. Entropy is the enemy. I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers