Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is that Sun I See?

Today was the first "real" day of spring - with warm temperatures and sun! When I looked at my To Do list for today, it was filled with indoor chores - mostly clean up the Easter debris. Once I stepped outside and realized I didn't shiver those plans went right by the wayside. Today was definitely an outdoor, get dirty in the backyard kind of day. My youngest son helped to clean up all the fallen limbs in the orchard. The dead stuff that natures fury shakes loose each year. I am looking forward to putting to use my father's chipper. It's a blessing to have freinds and neighbors who are able and willing to help keep all the equipment in running order. I often joke about taking a small engine repair class - but you know, it's probably not a bad idea! With the increased cost of living I find I am much more motivated to "fix" and "make do" than I used to be. What a throw away society we have become! Little by little I am learning how to use, reuse, fix and repair and yes, go without. Funny, I don't feel deprived at all . . .

1 comment:

  1. My family always say that I am wasting my time here at web, but I know
    I am getting experience all the time by reading thes nice content.
    My web site :: weightloss calculator

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers