Sunday, January 11, 2009


So blogging is "all the rage" - everybody's doing it. I think. So why am I blogging? I am hoping that by diving in and trying it, I will be motivated and inspired to try all kinds of new things. I want a forum to talk (to myself mostly) about that age old question - where am I going and where have I been. You've guessed it! I'm "middle aged." I have recently taken the plunge OUT of the work force and into my backyard which I hope to fill with goats, chickens, gardens, dogs and kids. The kids I already have - 6. Three boys, three girls. They are not quite as enthusiastic about the soon to come livestock. Perhaps they are wiser than I and know that they are very likely to become unpaid labor. Me, I see bucolic bliss as the goats gambol about and the rooster crows and the tomatoes are hanging on the vine. I try to tell myself that the reality may be very, very different, but I'm at heart an optimist and even though the details may include shoveling waste products, fixing fences and general back breaking labor - the goats really will gambol about.

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for you and I am also Impressed. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers