Monday, January 12, 2009

Day is Done


I was 8 years old the first time I went to summer camp. They played "Day is done, gone the sun . . . ." over the loud speakers at lights out. And I fell asleep - hot, tired, dirty and happy. Today when I see my children covered in the sweat and dirt only a day playing outside can accumulate, I tell them they must have had loads of fun, I can tell by how dirty you are!

Well, today must have been a productive day - no, I'm not going to bed dirty and sweaty, but I am pleasantly tired and looking forward to slipping off to slumber. It feels good to have gotten things done.

An early morning meeting (3 hours!) then a trip to the dentist and a hair cut for my husband. Quick pick up pizza and deliver it to my mother's to eat dinner with her and my other children. Then it was home and a couple hours spent learning more about blogging -- this time with the focus on Flickr. I scanned some old photos, learned how to set up a group to share them with my siblings and took a pleasant jaunt down memory lane. Back to the days when my brother was Danny, not the very distinguished "Daniel" of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers